4.4.1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 17 14:21:22 PST 2015

So I picked what seemed like the sane patches and pushed them to the
v4.4-branch. My goal is to release 4.4.1 tomorrow. Could people take a
look to make sure I didn't break anything?

The next part I just mentioned in another thread, but maybe more people
will read this email, so I'll repeat it here:

There's a new build script for people building on Linux and getting
freaked out by the weird dependencies that we have... Obviously I want
people to use our packages. But there are another 500 Linux distributions
out there for which I don't have packages... so this should make things
easier for people.

if you feel like giving this a try, ideally start from a fresh checkout:

mkdir ~/testfordirk
cd ~/testfordirk
git clone -b v4.4-branch git://subsurface-divelog.org/subsurface.git
./subsurface/scripts/build.sh

now wait. possibly a while as it builds quite a few things

if it fails, capture the bug and send it to the mailing list

if it doesn't (YAY!) you can run Subsurface like this:

./subsurface/scripts/run.sh

Note: this does NOT attempt to install prerequisits - you can find those
in the INSTALL file. This also assumes that you have a Qt5 development
devironment, it will not work on Qt4 based distros.