[libgit2] Compile issue on debian-unstable

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:22:48 PST 2015

On 19 February 2015 at 00:50, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good night.
>
> While compiling last git-master (2e6fcfc) I have had this problem:
>
> compiling git-access.c
> git-access.c: In function ‘update_local_repo’:
> git-access.c:23:65: error: too many arguments to function ‘git_remote_fetch’
>    #define git_remote_fetch(remote, refspecs, signature, reflog)
> git_remote_fetch(remote, signature, reflog)
>                                                                  ^
> git-access.c:87:10: note: in expansion of macro ‘git_remote_fetch’
>   error = git_remote_fetch(origin, NULL, NULL, NULL);
>           ^
> In file included from /usr/local/include/git2/clone.h:14:0,
>                  from /usr/local/include/git2.h:17,
>                  from git-access.c:11:
> /usr/local/include/git2/remote.h:359:17: note: declared here
>  GIT_EXTERN(int) git_remote_fetch(git_remote *remote);
>                  ^
> Makefile:1464: recipe for target '.obj/git-access.o' failed
>
> Debian Jessie actually ships  libgit2-21, so it's easy to solve, simply
> building a libgit2-22 library, but it would introduce  an extra step in the
> building instructions (at least, as removing 2-21 could break some
> dependencies).

i'm not very familiar with the Debian names, does the build break for
v.21 or v.22 (or perhaps is it v.20)?

> May be the #define can be changed to cover the older definition of
> git_remote_fetch

at some point we faced the issue the we cannot build Subsurface
against the latest libgit2 master, because there was no indication of
when they change stuff and their API breaks all the time. so it might
not be that easy :\.

lubomir