[libgit2] Compile issue on debian-unstable

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:53:22 PST 2015

> i'm not sure why we have the wrapper for a 3 parameter
> git_remote_fetch(), as i can't find it in their log.
> fe3a40a4ff056400 is when git_remote_fetch() was added with one param
> and then it changed to 4 params at c3ab1e5af4c43d.
>
> what a mess.
>
> > I've just remembered I had a built (not debian package) libgit2 library,
> may
> > be it's still hanging around, as /usr/local/include/ is not the usual
> > install dir for debian.
> > Gonna take a look.
> >

> could be the case, but our macro may be wrong as well.

Hi Lubomir.

As supossed, I had a v0.20.0  version built from scratch overlaped with the
debian package. Cleaned it and the macro worked fine as debian version
(v0.21.3) has three parameters defined .

I think the wrapper was set to support three parameters because v0.21 (at
least the one packaged in debian) had only those 3 and fourth was
introduced  later.  But agree with you  3 completely different versions of
the same library function in less than a  year is a mess  (saying it smooth
and politely).

Regards.

Salva.