FIY: libzip and UTF-8 on Win32

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 19 08:38:48 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:13:55PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 19 February 2015 at 08:40, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:03:12AM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> >>
> >> nothing bad should happen to my knowledge as they seem to have only
> >> changed their backend.
> >> hopefully it doesn't break anything...
> >
> > Hmmm.
> >
> >> from what i just saw their cmake setup is quite clean, i just
> >> downloaded the tarball and did:
> >>
> >> mkdir build
> >> cd build
> >> cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR=some-path-where-zlib-is ..
> >
> > My build setup is quite different from yours, but I think I have it
> > working now. Could you test the subsurface-4.4.1-test.exe in the daily
> > download folder and see if this works with strange paths now?
> >
> > I'd appreciate it
> >

> np, will do later today.

Thanks. The user who reported the issue still can't get things to work.
I simply know too little about how all the encoding works on a Windows
box.

His user name is something like "Große Krähe" (no, that's of course not his
user name, but it's like that... with the Umlaut and the space). Download
from divelogs.de fails because the zip file handling of the file in the
temp directory fails...