[libgit2] Compile issue on debian-unstable

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Feb 20 10:17:22 PST 2015

On 19/02/2015 07:02, Miika Turkia wrote:

    As supossed, I had a v0.20.0  version built from scratch overlaped
    with the debian package. Cleaned it and the macro worked fine as
    debian version (v0.21.3) has three parameters defined .

    I think the wrapper was set to support three parameters because
    v0.21 (at least the one packaged in debian) had only those 3 and
    fourth was introduced  later.  But agree with you  3 completely
    different versions of the same library function in less than a  year
    is a mess  (saying it smooth and politely).

On Ubuntu Utopic (14.10) I also have the problem with only 1 parameter
for git_remote _fetch
> #define LIBGIT2_VERSION "0.20.0"
>
> I use the attached patch on my tree, but never sent it out as I have
> no clue about how the libgit versioning/API works.
>
> miika

I was away for two weeks and got out of touch with respect to the mess
with libgit2. I run Ubuntu 14.4 and the default version of libgit-dev is
V19.
Does the latest Subsurface master run with libgit2 V19? The first #if in
that file appears to provide for this

#if !LIBGIT2_VER_MAJOR && LIBGIT2_VER_MINOR <= 20

but I get make errors as discussed previously on this forum. Upon
applying Miika's patch (above, to git-access.c), I get the following:

.obj/git-access.o: In function `is_git_repository':
git-access.c:(.text+0x327): undefined reference to `git_remote_fetch'

Is there a sane solution for Debian/Ubuntu?
Kind regards,
willem