Problems building from git on Ubuntu

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Feb 20 21:47:47 PST 2015

I use Ubuntu 14.4 and encounter a problem when building from git master
AND when dowloading the latest Ubuntu package. Identical symptoms.

Program starts up with no dive log and is largely unresponsive. When
opening a dive log listed under the File option of the main menu,
nothing happens. When open a log book or start a new log book, program
freezes and eventually terminates with a segfault.

Then I tried getting some information about the problem using
Qt-creator. However, when I attempt a build of the code under
Qt-creator, I get a compile error:

/home/willem/subsurface/qthelper.cpp:15: error: QStandardPaths: No such
file or directory
  #include <QStandardPaths>

My Qt version is 5.2.1

Has anything else changed?