Problems building from git on Ubuntu

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 21 10:49:19 PST 2015

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 8:26 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> On 21/02/2015 17:47, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>
>> That shouldn't be necessary.
>> qmake -v
>> should tell you what you are building with
>>
>> /D
>> __
> ~$ qmake -v
> QMake version 3.0
> Using Qt version 5.2.1 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> That is the easy part. Consequently, when I build from source there is no error, but this does not help with finding the source of the abend. However, I have to figure out what QT-creator does. I have a sneaky suspicion that Thiago may be correct with respect to the setup for Qt-creator, although I do not know where it would store Qt4. I thought of re-installing the whole of Qt to be absolutely sure what Qt-creator uses. I have been using Qt-creator for some time (I suspect initially with Qt 4). Therefore my doubts.

Ahh, that explains it.

Open QtCreator
go to Projects in the left bar
then click Manage Kits…
Now check what is offered. Most likely it just shows you Qt4
Click on the Qt Versions tab.
Click Add..
find the right qmake and you should have a working system again

If the system provided QtCreator is old (like on my Fedora 20 system) you need to manually do this, even after installing Qt5

I still need to figure out what to do for my next Linux desktop… torn between just doing the obvious upgrade to F21 and switching to something that does a rolling release. I played with Majaro the other day and was really impressed… Arch based and very nice… or just go with Arch…