Circular dependencies in subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 23 05:35:49 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 08:53:46AM +0100, Patrick Valsecchi wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> You introduced weird circular dependencies with you commit 5bf86f6042 that
> makes fixing the CMakeLists.txt impossible.

I'll admit that I don't use cmake to build Subsurface. Tomaz added that to
do unit testing but since I have yet to get it to even work for me without
overwriting files in the source directory (I reported this here and others
told me that it works for them, it sure as heck doesn't work for me).
So to me at this stage cmake is not something I worry about. The way I
build Subsurface for all our supported platforms is qmake. THAT I worry
about.

> Now qthelper.cpp (in subsurface_corelib) needs UserSurvey which is provided
> by subsurface_interface which in turn needs subsurface_corelib.

Yeah, that's Tomaz' separation into libraries that he needed for testing.

> I don't know how we can fix that... either move reverseGeoLookup somewhere
> else (tough since parse-xml.c is using it) or remove the split in different
> libs in the CMakeLists.txt (should be OK, but I don't know why we had it in
> a first place).

It's easy to simply move the new geo lookup stuff into a different file,
qthelper.cpp at this point contains a random mix of leftovers :-)