free diving vs scuba diving

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 1 09:52:01 PST 2015

So we have seen a request in the user forum for people to easily tell
apart free dives and scuba dives (the requester apparently is an
instructor for both).

Some dive computers allow you to switch modes between the two disciplines
and libdivecomputer gives us that data, but we are being silly and simply
match them both as "open circuit".

It's easy to add code that adds another dive mode "free dive", but the
questions is - how do we use this in Subsurface.

Simplistic solution would be
- no deco calculation
- add a tag "freedive" that is a built in tag and gets translated

This way people can easily search for their free dives.

I think I'll hack together some code that does that.

But what else should we do?