Win32 testing request

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:14:21 PST 2015

Dirk,

On 1 January 2015 at 02:59, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 31, 2014, at 2:11 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It asked explicitily to install a 32bit version on a 64bit version.
>
> I believe it will ask everyone about this. If there are no issues with the 32bit version
> that we find, I’ll remove that check and release only one binary.

I installed the latest (4.3-176) binary on Windows Vista 32 bit
(there's some entertainment for the new year), and am asked if I
really want to install the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system.  A fair
enough question, but this is a 32 bit system, albeit 64 bit hardware.

Other than that, install and program run cleanly.

>> On start Subsurface ask me to migrate marble data from a previous version.
>
> Yeah, I noticed that, too. That may be a Marble Qt4 -> Marble Qt5 thing? I’m not
> sure.

I was asked the same question - installed over an old 32 bit Qt4 installation.

Cheers,

Rick