"The server returned the following information"

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jan 3 13:29:40 PST 2015

Can we please kill this f*cker for good?

It shows up *all* the time. I thought it was suipposed to be some
"every two weeks" thing or something. Not "Ten times a day".

It seems that every single time I commit and rebuild subsurface it
decides it wants to check the update version. Which is fricking
annoying. Especially when the "helpful" message says

   "You are running a development version that is newer than the
latest version (4.3.0.195)"

which I damn well know, because I just committed something. What's the
advantage of that annoyance?

The "let's re-check every time somebody makes a change" is really really wrong.

                          Linus