towards 4.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 3 22:54:11 PST 2015

So what’s the plan for 4.4

well, first and foremost we’re waiting for the second round of review from Facebook. In the first round they clearly didn’t get at all what we are trying to do and rejected the “app” with clearly bogus comments. We did a second request with more information and even a screencast video to de-confuse them (that’s when I finally decided to address the layout issues on Mac). But of course I have no idea how long this might take. And in many ways Facebook integration is the big thing I want for 4.4.

Other than that we are in bug fixing and translation and documentation mode.

I pushed the strings to transifex, I started looking through the bugs on trac, I finally updated the manual on the website to 4.3 (oops). Oh, and I also updated the screen shots on the welcome page :-)

Anyway, what I’m looking for right now are translations, bug fixes, testing, testing and more testing. Please test the latest version on as many Linux versions and desktop environments as possible. It seems to look fine on Plasma4 and Plasma5 on openSUSE and KDE on Fedora. I still hate the huge action buttons on Mac but other than that it’s OK. I only did a quick look on Windows and that seemed fine, too. If you have comments or nit-picks, please let me know. To keep my sanity please ONLY provide those relative to “official” binaries (so the dailies for Windows, Mac and a bunch of Linux flavors). There are way too many factors playing into the actual look and feel including the Qt version used when building… and if you dislike things, ideally include screen shots that show what’s off.

Also, if there is anything that you are working on that I should be aware of, please let me know.

Thanks