more gas change thoughts

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jan 5 14:07:44 PST 2015

On 05 January, 2015 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Here's a very simple scenario that I think shows that internally we should
> manage gaschanges by gasidx and not by gas.
>
> Consider this example:
>
> you dive with air and EAN80 set up on your computer. Later you realize
> that you had EAN75 in your tank. Oops. I hope you're not bent.
>
> So now the dive is downloaded with the gas change and you edit the
> equipment to list the correct gas. But your gas change is still to (a now
> nonexistant) EAN80.
>
> Thoughts?

Yea, but without looking at the code we also need to take care to change
the gaschange from idx 3 to idx 2 when deleting the unused "air" gas
from the gaslist.

I did a quick check in the code and as far as I've looked i didn't see
any re-numbering in such a case...

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604