CSV import dialogue

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Jan 7 00:21:19 PST 2015

> On Jan 6, 2015, at 10:09 PM, Willem Ferguson<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>  wrote:
>
> Tomaz,
> Where can one specify the delimiter? Looks like you work with tab-delimited CSV. I work with comma-delimited.

Select a .csv file. In the top row of the dialog the second drop down allows you to pick your delimiter: tab, semicolon or comma

/D

In other words: Open your eyes, willem. Thanks for opening them.

The dialogue is working brilliantly. I have not managed to crash
anything yet. Tomaz needs a medal.

The current tags only provide for dive-level information, not for
sample-level information within a dive.
I am looking at CSV imports of APD CCR dives. We should provide tags for
most or all the members of the plot_data structure. But I suppose this
has been planned right from the start.

I agree with Anton that the row in the table where tags should be
dropped needs to be different from the rows underneath, maybe a slightly
different background colour? I also agree that it would really help if
the tags in the top box are more identifiable so the "Air temp" can
easily be seen as a single tag, not as two tags.

Kind regards,
willem