CSV import dialogue

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 7 07:28:56 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 07:55:23AM +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> Continuing here with some feedback on the CSV import dialog.
>
> I'd say that the preview is great of the data, but i played with it for
> 5 min and i thought it was kinda hard to find the right column header to
> drag'n'drop. Can we color them, use separators or something so you see
> the different names more easily?

I talked to Tomaz about bubbles around the terms.

> Also, keeping them sorted, alphabetically?

I'd rather have them logically sorted, i.e. in the order we usually
present the data. Dive number, date, time, duration, max and avg depth,
etc

> Also it took me 20 seconds to figure out where to drag the column
> header. I think the column header "numbers", and the row numbers are a
> bit confusing. Can we replace them with something else, or just turn
> those numbers off?

Also something that's easy to do.

Everyone, please keep in mind that this is the result of a massive
"sprint" with Tomaz working on this over the weekend. It's obvious that a
lot more can be done there, but it seemed so cool that I wanted to push it
right away.