Generation and location of ui_*.h files

John Van Ostrand john at vanostrand.com
Fri Jan 9 08:03:21 PST 2015

I'm trying to get through a problem on Fedora 20 where I can't build
subsurface master.

The problem is that the /ui_*.h files are old and aren't being rebuilt. I'm
not familiar with cmake or qmake and so I could really use someone's help
in describing how the ui_*.h files are supposed to be built and used.

Here is what I can see

a. "make compiler_uic_make_all" creates ui_*.h files in the /.uic directory.
b. If there are no /ui_*.h files the command in (a.) fails do to lack of
dependant files.
c. The source code refers to the /ui_*.h files.
d. There doesn't seem to be any way that /.uic files are moved to /.

--
John Van Ostrand
At large on sabbatical