selecting the dives a user wants to import

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jan 9 15:40:47 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 01:35:59AM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:

> > new throws the crash, so that makes me think that there are more out of
> > bounds errors here
> > I’d suggest running this under Valgrind.
>
> Good idea, but I probably won't have any time to do any hacking while here.
> You know the drill. dive, eat, sleep, repeat

My last patch series fixed at least two bugs where we would write outside
of the range of an array, either of which could corrupt the meta data and
cause a crash like that.

> > I fixed quite a few array access errors in the code, most likely I missed
> > one or two.
>
> I'll give it a try after I get 4 more dives on the DC.

:-)

> > I have an empty line on the divelog list, but one dive is missing. Thus
> > I am able to download only 2 of todays 3 dives.

That one is fixed in the latest master.

> > It would be great if canceling download would allow me to select dives
> > from the ones that were already loaded. (As I have to force load of all
> > dives to get all 3 dives out of my Vyper, I naturally tried to speed things
> > up and canceled the load prematurely.)

That is fixed in the latest master.

> > Are you able to build Subsurface while you are traveling?
>
> Building myself is the only way to get new stuff under testing. Apt is not
> working from here and I am too lazy to download the daily deb manually.

Makes sense. Latest master will make you much happier :-)