selecting the dives a user wants to import

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 01:46:40 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 1:40 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 01:35:59AM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> > >
> > > new throws the crash, so that makes me think that there are more out of
> > > bounds errors here
> > > I’d suggest running this under Valgrind.
> >
> > Good idea, but I probably won't have any time to do any hacking while
> here.
> > You know the drill. dive, eat, sleep, repeat
>
> My last patch series fixed at least two bugs where we would write outside
> of the range of an array, either of which could corrupt the meta data and
> cause a crash like that.

No crashes on last download from the Vyper. I got a couple of error
messages on the console:
[62.583698] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in suunto_vyper2.c:207
(suunto_vyper2_device_packet)]

I suspect one during the initialization and once for each downloaded dive +
one extra for good measure. But as far as I know, these were just error
messages with no problems in the download.

> > > I fixed quite a few array access errors in the code, most likely I
> missed
> > > one or two.
> >
> > I'll give it a try after I get 4 more dives on the DC.
>
> :-)
>
> > > I have an empty line on the divelog list, but one dive is missing. Thus
> > > I am able to download only 2 of todays 3 dives.
>
> That one is fixed in the latest master.

Yep, this seems to be working now. All 4 from today downloaded successfully.

> > > It would be great if canceling download would allow me to select dives
> > > from the ones that were already loaded. (As I have to force load of all
> > > dives to get all 3 dives out of my Vyper, I naturally tried to speed
> things
> > > up and canceled the load prematurely.)
>
> That is fixed in the latest master.
>
> > > Are you able to build Subsurface while you are traveling?
> >
> > Building myself is the only way to get new stuff under testing. Apt is
> not
> > working from here and I am too lazy to download the daily deb manually.
>
> Makes sense. Latest master will make you much happier :-)

indeed

miika