testing of download from divecomputer needed

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 10:14:00 PST 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 07:51:30 -0800
Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > Sorry to report that the download from my Reefnet Sensus Pro now
> > fails miserably. The dive selection UI seems to work fine, and the
> > data transfer apparently completes, but on hitting "OK", I get a
> > seg fault :(
>
> Yep, same bug as Miika. I just pushed the fix.
> This had nothing to do with the download UI change. It was Robert's
> latest patch set that broke things.

That does indeed now work. I have tried everything I can to cause
problems for the download, and only found one - if I break the
connections (easily done on the Reefnet interface unit), the download
stops, and need to restart Subsurface before I can download. This is
exactly as it always was, so I doubt there's anything to be really
worried about. (As an aside for anyone else using a Sensus unit, I
would suggest keeping a short loop of shock-cord handy, and using that
to secure the unit to the base.)

> > I tried being very selective on the loads - selecting just the
> > first, just the last, various subsets of the list, all with no joy.
> > Output from -vvvv attached. From a look through the log, there's an
> > odd attempt to load files from /boot into the Marble engine,
>
> That's Marble randomly searching for plugins to load. I had disabled
> all of those foolish attempts in our branch but somehow that commit
> got dropped. I need to hunt for it and reapply it. I've seen Marble
> try to load an image of the running kernel...

I can understanding hunting for pugins, but why on Earth should it go
looking in /boot?!? Sounds like some of the [REDACTED] that the devs at
my last place of work would do!
Hopefully my new job will give me a bit more time for testing (you
don't want to see my attempts at code), and diving (if the weather ever
improves.)

--
David Tillotson