testing of download from divecomputer needed

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jan 12 22:25:50 PST 2015

I tested Uwatec Galileo Sol on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

1) Upload whole dc dive log ok.

2) Second download:  I selected certain dives only from the download
panel (actually de-selected some dives)
Only the selected dives were transfered to dive list. ok.

3) Upon CANCEL while downloading, it ignored the cancelation and still
continued to download the complete dc dive log. Probably not ok.

I have issues with the layout of the download panel. It could be much
more efficient in screen utilisation. There is a vast empty, unused
space to the bottom left of the panel.

1) Vendor and dive computer names hog way too much space. I suggest put
both of these items either side-by-side or underneath one another on the
left-hand side of the panel.

2) Reduce the width of the left-hand half of the panel to a third of
what it is now. This will allow reducing the width of the whole download
panel by at least 30%  and will reduce the size of the unused screen estate.

A second approach may be:

Create a button "Options" which brings up a pop-up with the 5 options on
the lefthand side. This will allow taking everything on the lefthand an
putting it above the main table. Put the Download, OK and Cancel buttons
underneath the table. This effectively gets rid of the lefthand side of
the panel and reduces the width of the panel by 50%.

I hope some of this is useful.

Kind regards,
willem