Moving project to Android Studio

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jan 13 02:18:46 PST 2015

On 13 January, 2015 - Kurt McAlpine wrote:

> > Kurt, did you have any specific plans? Or did I manage to convince you
> > when we talked today that maybe you might want to spend time on the
> > Qt/Android build of Subsurface instead?
>
> No I did not have any specific plans. I think that I might be interested in
> looking at the Qt/Android build instead.

Joshua have bin playing some with building a QML based ui. That will
probably be the future for a touch-based ui for Subsurface.

Meanwhile, if you would like to scratch some issues on our current
subsurface-android you could take a look at all the dpi-issues.

Quite a few things in subsurface ui doesn't adjust sainly to different
dpi's. The profile toolbar icons are just like 1x1mm on my phone and
kinda hard to tap. The star-widget becomes way to big for some reason.

Another thing we might think about is how we handle dialogs. We use a
few dialog windows in subsurface, and they become kinda unusable when
rendered on android. They are usually a bit to small, you can't switch
between them and they might overflow off the screen, thus rendering
your OK/Cancel buttons out of reach.

If you would like to take it for a spin, the easiest way is probably to
use the cross-build-script that i wrote a while back, and just comment
out anything related to the facebook webview thingie to make it build
again. (QWebView isn't available on Android)

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604