Moving project to Android Studio

Aurélien PRALONG aurelien.pralong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:10:57 PST 2015

> I don't really see the "overkill" argument, since the switch doesn't
introduce any significant amount of more code/config?
Well, it is overkill in the sense that I am, to my knowledge, the only one
to maintain the companion. And I was too lazy to install IntelliJ on my
workstation :). As everyone seems to want the switch, I'll do it. Trying
IntelliJ was on my TODO list anyways (even if I hate gradle / groovy).

> I'm thinking something down the line of exporting the companion data as
gpx/kml/whatnot
We already do GPX import. Adding GPX export would indeed make sense. And it
would allow the companion to add the additional fields which are not
supported in the web service. BTW, is there a GPX import in current desktop
subsurface (I actually never ever installed nor launched it) ? If yes, is
the "wpt/desc" field used ? Or should I use another for additional fields ?

I'll try to do the changes in the next few weeks.

> Sorry for bothering guys. See you on Trac
No problem, any advice welcome.

Aurélien