Patches concerning the speed of mouse-movement over the profile.

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 07:42:54 PST 2015

On 14 January 2015 at 17:08, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> This fixes the issue we were having for good. :)

i still get near 25% CPU usage when hovering over the profile, but now
since the instantMeanDepth line thing is gone there is no way to
visually notice the slowdown (the text update and the tiny pixmap
update is less measurable).
but i guess we are good for now, as long as users don't complain.

the issue is still there though due to ToolTipItem::addToolTip() and
i'm betting that the cause for that is the massive amount of heap
allocations via the "new QGraphics*Item" calls.
my earlier suggestion was to make the objects re-usable and use things
like setText(), setPixmap(). no idea how it will work out.

in terms of leaks, the profile mouse over is leaking about 1mb every
15 seconds, but that could be Qt related (if we can isolate it in a
simple test app that is).

lubomir