Issues with dive planner

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Jan 14 10:16:01 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM, David Tillotson <david at acmelabs.co.uk>
wrote:

As the weather here is not exactly ideal to get out, I thought I'd do some
> planner comparisons, but have a bit of problem using the planner. When
> moving points on the planner profile, it seems that the calculations are
> being done on the fly, causing the UI to become extremely unresponsive.

You are right, we need to speed this up quite a lot. It was really fast a
few releases back, I don't know what happened ( neither looked at that part
of the code )
but I'm on a spree of speeding things up right now, so 4.4 will most
probably have something faster.

> Worst I hit was when trying to move the first point down beyond the bottom
> of the default grid. I planned to get to 40m, but by the time it had
> reacted to the move and scale, it had gone down to 230m (a bit beyond my
> current cert).
> I haven't had the time to do any checks as yet, but thought I'd raise this
> in the mean time.

If you have time to look a bit at the code, I'd extremelly appreciate that.