Updated Mac build instructions

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Wed Jan 14 11:20:53 PST 2015

Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 08:31:08PM +0100, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
>> - Uses latest Marble from official sources, no special branch or patches
>> necessary.
>
> No. Not good. You get the weird Wiki-shit and strange context menues and
> it tries to load plugins and all kind of oddities. We really don't want
> the stock marble. Trust me

Yeah, I see the ugly wiki stuff.  Haven't seen any other side effects
though.

>> - Fewer options in Subsurface qmake.
>>
>> Disadvantages:
>> - Somewhat longer Marble build instructions.  But I could make a script in
>> packages/macosx/ to fix that (if anyone wants it).
>
> Have you looked at the SIZE of your marble libs? My guess is around
> 100MB...

Nope, the upstream libs were less than 7MB (even when astro was included
by mistake):

$ otool -L Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface |grep -i marble
     /usr/local/lib/libmarblewidget.20.dylib (compatibility version
20.0.0, current version 0.19.20)
$ otool -L /usr/local/lib/libmarblewidget.20.dylib |grep -i marble
     /Users/henrik/src/marble/build/src/lib/astro/libastro.1.dylib
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 0.17.20)
$ ls -lhL /usr/local/lib/libmarblewidget.20.dylib
/Users/henrik/src/marble/build/src/lib/astro/libastro.1.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 henrik  staff   291K Oct 21 21:52
/Users/henrik/src/marble/build/src/lib/astro/libastro.1.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 henrik  admin   6.7M Oct 21 20:38
/usr/local/lib/libmarblewidget.20.dylib

But anyway.

I've switched to the Subsurface-testing branch, successfully built
Subsurface with it, and prepared new build docs.  Still not interested?

Henrik