Howto solve bug when adding and editing gps locations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 19 01:07:07 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 06:32:52AM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:

> > /* if we have a master and the dive's gps address is different from it,
> > * don't change the dive */
> > if (master && (master->latitude.udeg != dive->latitude.udeg ||
> >               master->longitude.udeg != dive->longitude.udeg))
> >        return false;
> >
> > When I remove this check, I can edit the coordinates without any
> > problems. However, I do not know if this would affect the flow of the
> > application in other usecases.
>
> Sounds like master is set too early. I believe the master should not be
> set until user hits accept changes. (I just cannot verify this from the
> sources with my cell)

Yes. I finally bit the bullet and changed the coordinate editing to be
more consistent with our other editing functions. We should now correctl
handle the scenario described here and also no longer just change dive
locations if the user double clicks the globe.

Given that this is rather fragile code I'd appreciate some testing.

New daily builds will be kicked off in a moment.