Allow user to select dive mode (including PSCR)

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 02:06:47 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 16 Jan 2015, at 15:44, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> As a side-note, I think the o2 consumption should default to something a
> tad higher, about 1000ml or so is probably a good default, and i don't
> know which pscr who have a 1/10 dump ratio, but the rb80 have 1/8 dump
> ratio and my guess is that it and its clones are the most common pscr on
> the market.

RB80/RB2000 has a 1:10 ratio not 1:8 so the various clones available:
RON, Satori, NT1, Hyperion ecc...
The Tres Presidentes I own has a 1:8 ratio so dump ratio should be set via UI.

On PSCR UTD training and I guess GUE training O2 metabolic consumption
default is 0,8l/min

> another question: With a pSCR it could be possible to get into a low pO2
> situation, so in planning a dive we should warn in that case as we do for
> high pO2. Which value is the minimal acceptable? Wikipedia mentions 0.16bar.

Yes the O2 drop effect bring to have a MiOD (Minimum Operative Depth)
for every gas.
0,16 is minimum PO2 to sustain life. Usually all tables reports MiOD
for 0,16 and 0,21.

Standard O2 drop formula is:

P02real = FO2 (K * RV * ATA +1) - 1 / K * RV

Where:

RV = ratio between inner and outher reb bellows (r in your formula).
K = K factor = SAC / =2 consumption (metabolized) per minute. A
tipycal value would be 20/0,8 = 25

The there is the Touzil system but I cannot help there.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos