getting ready for Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 20 01:53:28 PST 2015

So I'm still in the road (well, more on the boat, but let's not worry
about details), but I'd like to get ready with a first Beta for 4.4.

I think I can do this from here, Internet is reasonably useful. I have
pulled the latest translations, pushed the latest strings, updated the
README and ReleaseNotes... things are still a little rough around the
edges but I think we could use this as the starting point for 4.4.

Facebook integration will likely have to be left out which I am very
disappointed about. I don't understand what went wrong, but normally the
review cycle for FB "apps" is supposed to take about a week and I have
been waiting for almost three weeks to hear back from them. At this point
I see no point in waiting any longer, this will have to be abandoned or
make it into 4.5.

So what do we need for 4.5? Documentation needs some work, translations,
testing, testing, testing.

If you have more features in the works that should go in, please let me
know.