getting ready for Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 20 07:45:58 PST 2015

On January 21, 2015 12:30:29 AM Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> I always try to understand if the exe was cooked before/after some patch I
> see passing in front of me :)

Well, the build are kicked off manually, so I usually do it after merging
patches, but sometimes there are other reasons why I trigger builds (e.g.,
when I'm messing with the build scripts or when I want to make sure things
didn't break a build).

The name of the build tells you which commit was the last one included, so
if you do a git log HASH it will tell you what's in there (where the name
is 4.3-xxx-gHASH). I'm sure there's a clever way to get this from
git.subsurface - divelog.org as well, something like this

http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/?p=subsurface.git;a=log;h=HASH

So for the latest daily

subsurface-4.3-413-gbbef887b7922.exe
That would give you

http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/?p=subsurface.git;a=log;h=bbef887b7922

Which appears to work to show you what's in there and what isn't...