subsurface installation blues on Fedora20

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Jan 21 10:32:09 PST 2015

I have been trying to get recent versions of subsurface installed on
Fedora20.

1) When trying to build from source, I get complaints probably relating
to Qt5 (or more accurately, lack of Qt5.
.uic/ui_plannerSettings.h:394:25: error: ‘class QComboBox’ has no member
named ‘setCurrentText’
qmake or qmake-qt5 do not exist. Doing qmake-qt4 --version gives Qt V 4.8.
I can easily install the whole of Qt5 (which includes QtBuilder and all
the development tools) from the Qt site.
But I want only the libraries required by Subsurface.
Is there a list of .so files somewhere, indicating the minimum set for
Qt5 that Subsurface requires?

2) Then I tried doing the manual install using yum, as described on the
Subsurface install page. Now I get libgit2 problems.
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
No package libgit2.so.21 available.

3) Then I tried doing a direct download of the binary:
subsurface-4.3-22.1.x86_64.rpm
This one terminates:
The remote software origin name was not found. Cannot find repo local.

What is the quickest way out of this?
Kind regards,
willem