subsurface installation blues on Fedora20

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jan 25 01:53:38 PST 2015

On 25/01/2015 00:16, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I think the next thing Willem should do is to start in a fresh directory,
> clone git master and try to build. I'd be very surprised if that didn't
> work.
>
> /D

Ok, I did:
1) Attempted reinstallation of all libraries. Machine reported that all
libraries were the latest versions.
2) Using latest INSTALL file, cloned and installed Subsurface variant of
libdivecomputer. No errors, warnings or messages.
    This important with respect to the compile error below.
3) Cloned and installed Subsurface variant of Marble.
4) Cloned Subsurface and invoked qmake-qt5
Upon make, the following error and warnings:

compiling qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.cpp
In file included from qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.cpp:1:0:
qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.h: In constructor
‘DiveImportedModel::DiveImportedModel(QObject*)’:
qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.h:49:6: warning:
‘DiveImportedModel::lastIndex’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
   int lastIndex;
       ^
qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.h:48:6: warning:   ‘int
DiveImportedModel::firstIndex’ [-Wreorder]
   int firstIndex;
       ^
qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.cpp:532:1: warning:   when initialized
here [-Wreorder]
  DiveImportedModel::DiveImportedModel(QObject *o) : QAbstractTableModel(o),
  ^

compiling configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp
configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
FirmwareUpdateThread::run()’:
configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp:1607:76: error:
‘hw_ostc3_device_fwupdate’ was not declared in this scope
     rc = hw_ostc3_device_fwupdate(m_data->device,
m_fileName.toUtf8().data());
^
make: *** [.obj/configuredivecomputerthreads.o] Error 1

HOWEVER:
1) When I build V4.3 on Fedora, no problem. Problem only with latest master.
2) When building latest master on Ubuntu, no problem.

I think you could believe I am quite exasperated!
Kind regards,
willem