Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 25 07:09:54 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 03:33:10PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Windows I get an update notification immediately when I start newly
> installed beta version:
> You are running an unknown product version 4.3.950.0, latest released
> version is 4.3

OK, that clearly needs to be addressed.

> The map thingy is not zooming in when dive with coordinates is selected
> (and I cannot zoom in with mouse either, but that is probably a
> windows/driver issue). I did the conversion of old marble data when
> starting Subsurface...

Odd - that worked when I tested it on Windows. But I only tested in a VM.

> The reason to try this with Windows was to see if it suffers the same flaw
> as Mac does, but the CSV imports are way too old on this Beta to test
> these, will need a new daily build for that...

Given the problem with the update notification and the massive amount of
patches that have come in in the past 36 hours I'm thinking of not
announcing 4.3.950 / Beta 1 at all and instead doing 4.3.951 / Beta 2.

The magic never fails that there's a sprint in activity the moment I cut
some kind of release :-/

Has anyone at all tested any of the Linux Beta packages that I created?
Anyone?