Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 25 08:33:37 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 07:09:54AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 03:33:10PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> >
> > On Windows I get an update notification immediately when I start newly
> > installed beta version:
> > You are running an unknown product version 4.3.950.0, latest released
> > version is 4.3
>
> OK, that clearly needs to be addressed.
>
> > The map thingy is not zooming in when dive with coordinates is selected
> > (and I cannot zoom in with mouse either, but that is probably a
> > windows/driver issue). I did the conversion of old marble data when
> > starting Subsurface...
>
> Odd - that worked when I tested it on Windows. But I only tested in a VM.
>
> > The reason to try this with Windows was to see if it suffers the same flaw
> > as Mac does, but the CSV imports are way too old on this Beta to test
> > these, will need a new daily build for that...
>
> Given the problem with the update notification and the massive amount of
> patches that have come in in the past 36 hours I'm thinking of not
> announcing 4.3.950 / Beta 1 at all and instead doing 4.3.951 / Beta 2.
>
> The magic never fails that there's a sprint in activity the moment I cut
> some kind of release :-/
>
> Has anyone at all tested any of the Linux Beta packages that I created?
> Anyone?

OK, we now had at least one test of the Ubuntu version.
I'd really love to get a report on Fedora / OpenSUSE.

In the meantime I have pushed the corrected strings, pulled the latest
translations and applied all the patches that I was able to find in my
INBOX.  I have pushed all that and I also fixed the silly update message
the server returned when a beta checked in.

I will give it a few hours to give people time for more testing (and I see
Willem started sending user manual updates). Then I'll try again to cut a
Beta (i.e., we will start public beta testing with Beta 2) :-)