CCR o2 sensor data

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jan 26 01:32:17 PST 2015

On 24 January, 2015 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

> Hallo Anton,
> Following our last emails, I was trying to encourage you to to tell me more
> about your feelings on the representation or interpretation of CCR o2 sensor
> data. Instead of just showing raw graphs of the sensor data, you felt there
> are better ways to deal with it. Please, would you be prepared to share some
> of your thoughts?

If i had them well formulated.. But here is a quick brain dump.

First we need to look at the rebreather head design. The design of both
the Pelagian and the Poseidon rebreathers are such that the cells are
exposed to different gases and can't be directly compared to each
other all the time. So special techniques needed to validate the sensor
values from those.

For all other rebreathers i know about they have all there cells in the
same place, reading the same gas, that includes AP, Meg, JJ and so on.

What I'm proposing is comparing the actual response of the cells between
each other. When you go down 30 meters in 1 minute, the response of the
cells are supposed to be X, and what did the different cells actually
read? Where any of them slow to react? Did any of them reach a current
limiting state? Are the response changing within a statistical
certainty during the dive, or over a range of dives?

This would put our software in a unique situation to provide the diver
with early warnings about the cell performance.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604