String improvements

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:41:13 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> some duplicates can't be avoided.
> because "Sensor1" could be an ID, while "Sensor 1" is what the user
> sees on the UI.

I think these are strings

> but this particular case and some of the others you've mentioned are
> somehow questionable.
> perhaps only a single instance of the strings can exists as translations.
>
> and patches is what is needed to fix them...
> but another problem i brought up is that if we fix them now during the
> beta cycle, you and all translators will have to open transifex again
> and re-do the work, which is annoying as you suggest.

For me translating it's not a problem at all.

This time I found a lot of duplicates in the strings to be translated
hence my first question.

Then Transifex has a suggestion box on the right side. While
translating the new strings I found 90% of them already there. I
suspect that suggestions come also from other projects.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos