Petrel progress bar problem [was: Re: testing of download from divecomputer needed]

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Jan 27 14:18:04 PST 2015

On 14-01-15 19:43, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> Jef Driesen wrote:
>> This is a (known) bug in libdivecomputer. Instead of a global progress
>> for the entire download, the petrel backend reports progress for each
>> individual dive. So the progress bar will go from 0 to 100% for every
>> dive. Due to the fact that the size of a dive isn't known in advance,
>> we have to assume the worst case value (0xFFFFFF). But in practice a
>> dive is usually much smaller, and thus the progress bar will stay near
>> zero.
>
> An individual 0-100% progress for each dive is OK.  The problem was that
> the progress disappeared after a few dives had been imported.  With
> Dirk's debug line it becomes obvious why:
>
> [...]

I have been looking into the estimation of the dive length based on the dive
time in the manifest. The results I get are off by 160 to 320 bytes (or 5-10
samples). I wonder if this is the same on other units or not. Can you give the
attached patch a try, and send back the logfile from the universal app? (Make
sure to run with the -vv option because I'm interested in the debug lines.)

Jef