Multiple tanks from divelogs

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:13:52 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Rainer Mohr <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:

> Hi Miika,
>
> Just wondering, because a user asked: When a dive has multiple tanks in
> divelogs.de, only one gets imported into subsurface...
> I remember us talking in october and you had a patch for supporting
> multiple tanks, but it seems to have gotten lost somewhere.
> Doesn't work the other direction either...

If I open your sample dive on Subsurface, I get two tanks in the equipment
tab. As there is no gas change event to the EAN95 cylinder, the upload to
divelogs.de ignores this cylinder. (We had a complaint at some point that
unused cylinders get uploaded - this was probably due to some DCs reporting
more cylinders than was already used during a dive.)

When I add a gas change in Subsurface, upload to divelogs.de includes both
of these cylinders. Do you support any events in your XML format? The gas
changes are lost in the upload and thus we end up back with only one used
gas if downloaded again to Subsurface.

> Using 4.4 Beta 2
>
> Example XML attached
>
> Anything I can do?

I assume, you have not selected the "show unused cylinders in equipment
tab" as you are not seeing the EAN95.

miika