towards 4.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 29 07:16:32 PST 2015

I'm not aware of any major blocking bugs in Beta 2. Not a lot of people
are testing it (latest count is 35), so maybe that means we should skip
doing a Beta 3 and go straight to releasing 4.4...

Willem, Robert, others - what's the status of the manual? It seems like we
are mostly done, but I haven't done a complete read-through.

The folks translating the manual (Spanish, Russian, French) - are you
planning to send updates in time for 4.4? Russian is still on 4.2 which
means I may have to drop it for 4.4...

Speaking of translations: some of our traditionally very good translations
are not complete (Norwegian, Russian). As usual, Brazilian Portuguese is
way behind. A couple others are missing the last few updates (German,
Swedish, Danish, Slovak, Czech).

Pretty much every translation is missing a hand full of terms that I just
pushed (these were minor corrections for consistency - sorry about those).

My plan at this point would be to release 4.4 on Sunday.

If anyone has an issue with that, please let me know.