towards 4.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 29 07:43:34 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 04:33:58PM +0100, Davide DB wrote:
> I received the alert from Transifex few minutes ago.
> Give me some minute for the Italian.

Thanks

> [annoying mode on]
>
> Nobody care to adjust a couple of UI glitch on planner UI before 4.4?
> It's like dating a beautiful girl uncombed :-D
>
> [annoying mode off]

Well... it's always the issue of getting a developer to do it.

We have a LOT of users who want to use the planner, we don't have a lot of
UI developers. And we have no UI developer who is focused on the planner.
Tomaz is brilliant, but he is barely a diver (no offense, Tomaz) and
certainly not a tec diver and definitely not someone who plans dives
(trust me, I know, I went diving with him last year).

Here's what you can do (and I apologize if you have done this in the past
and it got lost - simply forward your old email):

Just like with the filter, show a wireframe how you think this needs to
look. Explaining how the different elements are connected, etc.

I will not allow such a change in for 4.4. Sorry. WAY too late. But if we
have this it can be fixed early in the 4.5 cycle.