Facebook testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 31 08:50:29 PST 2015

On January 31, 2015 8:36:07 AM Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> I notice that if one logs into Facebook through Subsurface and then
> close Subsurface without disconnecting from Facebook, it looks like the
> Facebook session is not disconnected. If one fires up Subsurface and
> open the Facebook Preferences within Subsurface, the connection is till
> there and one can upload imaged to Facebook. To disconnect one has to
> explicitly disconnect even if it is several Subsurface sessions later. I
> am not sure how much of this is intentional.

Tomaz and I have talked about this.
He wanted it to work the way you assume it to be - to not remember the
Facebook token.
That would be a trivial change.

Is that what most people would expect? That you have to log in every time
you want to post something? Or that you log in once and then Subsurface
stays authorized on that machine?

> There is a checkbox "Keep the connection with Subsurface" which, in my
> case, was NOT checked. But later experimentation made it look like this
> checkbox does not affect the fact that one remains connected.

I didn't even see that checkbox. We would definitely have to honor that.

> I would suggest that, if one is connected to facebook and one terminates
> Subsurface, one uses the same popup asking about "Do you want to save
> the changes?" and add another question "You are connected to Facebook.
> Do you wish to remain connected?

More strings, more options.
I'm much more leaning towards having it just not remember the token...