[PULL REQUEST] VPM-B

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Wed Jul 1 02:57:58 PDT 2015

On 30 Jun 2015 10:01 p.m., "Robert C. Helling" <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> I second all of Dirk’s suggestions (of course, how could I?) and should
maybe point out (as I learned this only very recently) that

> git rebase —interactive
>
> and
>
> git add -p
>
> are both extremely useful when rewriting history in order to make your
patches look like you write perfect code right from the start.

I find that a soft git reset together with git gui is pretty useful as
well.

First do a "git reset <sha>" (e.g. origin/master, if that's the upstream
master branch) to uncommit and unstage your changes.  The changes are still
on the filesystem.

Then do a "git gui". It will allow you to interactively stage lines and
blocks of code into separate commits.  Very awesome!

Cheers,
Henrik