GSoC Status - Week 5 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:23:20 PDT 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 16:11, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i don't understand CSS very well, but if that's a viable solution we
> should definitely give it a go.
> the problem i see here is that if the user defines a custom color CSS
> for his template, we then need to override it if the b&w mode is
> selected...messy.
> let me ask Dirk in a separate email about the whole b&w/color print.

but first, could you try if something like that works on the body tag
( -webkit-filter: grayscale(1);)?:
http://superuser.com/questions/330830/how-to-turn-web-pages-in-browser-into-black-white-grayscale

if it does (and if it works for images as well) then the whole b&w vs
color mode is solved quite easily, by injecting said property.
if not, do you have any alternative easy solutions?

lubomir