GSoC Status - Week 5 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:23:32 PDT 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 17:18, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 04:51:13PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>>
>> basically, i was going to ask about the whole b&w vs color printing.
>> given that in the new print stack the user will have complete control
>> of colors, layout and so on via templates, do we still need the "print
>> in color" toggle, which will supposedly override the template colors
>> and convert everything to greyscale.
>
> My instinctive reaction would be that this seems odd and redundant. If you
> want greyscale, build a greyscale template. But I may be missing
> something.
>
>> i would say, yes.
>> also, we might have an easy solution to do that via CSS (suggested in
>> a previous email), but Gehad needs to confirm it.
>
> Can you explain why you think the answer is yes?

it would act like an override, so if one likes a template, he/she can
still toggle off the "print in color" and produce b&w output of said
template.
if it's way too difficult to implement, i guess we can consider it as
redundant and remove the option completely.

waiting on Gehad to comment further on the CSS solution.

lubomir