Location Management Delegate

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 1 19:38:54 PDT 2015

Tomaz,

Thanks for the work on this. I liked the mockup you showed me and was very
excited to see this...

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 09:15:17PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> This is an attempt to resolve some of the problems Linus outlined on his
> last batch of emails,
> bottom point: this won't solve a thing ( it seems that I don't know how to
> use Qt, or that Qt is broken when you try to use a Delegate on a QCompleter
> )
>
> But you can already see what will happen when I manage to make the
> QCompleter work, there's a new widget ( that will be removed when things
> are okay ) showing what the completer should show.

But it seems to show all sites, not just the once that match the
completer.

> So, in the perfect world this would do the following:
> - do not rely on the name of the dive site, but on the uuid
> - treat different dive sites with same names in a sane way
> - display coords of the dive sites so you can diferentiate the ones with
> same names

Not just the coords but also the taxonomy. I should be able to merge my
patches for that, soon.

The other thing that would be very exciting is if the globe could show the
site you are highlighting as you go through the list of completions...

> it's not a huge patch but it was a pain to write due to lot of
> experimentation so please be nice. :)

I'm nice. I don't think this showcases what you hoped it would showcase -
but it seems not to be a step backwards, either, so I think it's OK to add
the patches to master so you can work on top of this tomorrow.

As usual, minor edits to the commit messages, other than that I didn't see
anything that raised alarm bells. It's a bit disapointing that the
intermediate steps crash - that could be annoying later on when trying to
bisect an unrelated issue, but that's not the first time we had that
problem...