[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:51:39 PDT 2015

> I tried your patch, and it works.  But it works by falling back (after a
> delay) to channel 5.  To confirm, I commented out the fallback conditions,
> so it only tried the uuid method, and that fails.

Thanks again! It is quite strange why the QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent
doesn't find the SPP service. On my HW OSTC2 device there are moments
when the SDP search ends with no results and moments when it finds the SPP
service. All happens randomly and I couldn't find a pattern.

> There might be someone on this list with more Qt and/or bluetooth knowledge
> that could help.  Otherwise, I'm sure there'll be a Qtconnectivity mailing
> list or forum you could try.

I have sent an e-mail on the qt-interest mailing list about this issue
and to the
maintainer of the Qt Bluetooth API. I will let you know if I will
receive an answer.

> I suspect the 5s delay could be reduced, but I don't know what to.

I didn't know how small to make the delay. I know that it is
frustrating to wait more
than 10 seconds to connect to the Petrel 2 device. I hope that the issue with
the SDP search will be fixed soon and the delay will not be a problem anymore.

Have a nice weekend,
Claudiu