dive plans for testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 4 07:30:45 PDT 2015

Could someone with access to different dive planning software please run a few test plans for me?

Let's do the profile that Rick quoted from the VPM documentation:

three gases: 15/45, 36%, 100%
descent rate to bottom of 75ft/min down to 260ft (weird... 208 seconds to the bottom...)
30 minutes bottom time (we can't do that it seems, drop down to bottom is included in the first segment... so let's say 33 minutes until end of bottom time)
ascent rate 30ft/min
10ft/min from the final stop (actually, Subsurface can't do that, so 10ft/min from 20ft which will add a tiny 40 seconds from 20ft to 10ft)

can you post the full plan for GF100/100, GF35/70, and VPM-B ?

I'm not a serious tech diver (even though I'm TriMix certified - I just never do it). If anything in this sample is stupid (or if we should test different parameters), please modify accordingly.

I just want to implement a quick test for our planner that allows comparing it to the expected results.

4.4.2 gives you this plan with GF100/100 (and yes, I'm intentionally doing this in ft since clearly our planner hasn't been tested enough in imperial, as this output clearly shows)

Subsurface dive plan
based on GFlow = 100 and GFhigh = 100

depth
runtime
duration
gas
260ft
3min
3min
(15/45)
260ft
33min
30min

100ft
39min
6min
EAN38
89ft
41min
2min

79ft
44min
2min

69ft
47min
3min

59ft
51min
4min

49ft
58min
6min

39ft
66min
8min

30ft
80min
14min

20ft
100min
19min

10ft
102min
2min
10ft
128min
26min
oxygen
0ft
129min
1min

CNS: 57%
OTU: 151

oddly, 4.4.2.955 gives me not only different formatting (that was an intentional change) and still the wrong line for the oxygen change, but also slightly inconsistent run times (all parameters were set identical); check out the run time at 79ft  or the total run time...

Subsurface dive plan
based on GFlow = 100 and GFhigh = 100

depth
duration
runtime
gas
260ft
3min
3min
(15/45)
260ft
30min
33min

100ft
6min
39min
EAN38
89ft
2min
41min

79ft
2min
43min

69ft
4min
47min

59ft
4min
51min

49ft
6min
57min

39ft
8min
65min

30ft
14min
79min

20ft
20min
99min

10ft
2min
101min
oxygen
0ft
27min
128min

CNS: 57%
OTU: 152

anyway, I'd love to see other deco software used against this profile - or something better if I picked something silly.

Thanks