[GSoC] Week 6 (Native Bluetooth support)

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 20:15:07 PDT 2015

> Might be worth following up, copying Thiago. If we are chasing a library
> bug I'd prefer to know that early.
> Out of curiosity, have you tried compiling Qt5.5 from source and trying
> with that? That is high on my personal todo list.

I created a SDP discovery sample and I compiled it with Qt5.5-beta version.
Nothing changed. I still cannot see the SPP service from my HW OSTCs
device when I do a full service discovery.
I also had an attempt to compile the Subsurface project using Qt 5.5.0.
Unfortunately I gave up quickly because I couldn't set correctly the Cmake
paths.

> I have talked to Matthias Heinrichs about some issues I have with my OSTC
> 2 as well. Might also be worth pinging him in case he has newer firmware.

Currently I have firmware 1.80. I saw that there is a new version 1.81
and in the
changeset it says "BUGFIX: Fix download issue for dives made with 1.80
firmware".
I will try to make the update but I am not sure that this will fix the
connectivity
problems. I believe this issue is similar with the one you encountered
on your Petrel
devices.

>> On the OpenSuse environment there are moments when I successfully
>> connect to the device and initiate the data transfer mode and moments
>> when it gets stuck in the Connecting state. On the other two environments
>> the device always gets stuck on the connecting state.
>
> For my OSTC 2 I can load the directory but then get stuck loading dives.

When I manage to connect to the OSTC 2 device and to initiate the data
transfer I get the same result. It gets stuck somewhere in the middle.
The libdivecomputer back-end initiate a read request for a 1024 buffer
and can read only 923 bytes from device's buffer.
I will let you know if the new firmware fixes this problem.

> I would like to start merging your patches into Subsurface master and into
> the Subsurface-testing branch of libdivecomputer. Can you create git
> branches that I can pull from that

Of course. I will create a new git branch and I will send you the patches by
the end of this day. First I want to see if something changed after
firmware's update.

Claudiu