[PULL REQUEST] libdivecomputer - Subsurface-testing branch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 6 08:22:30 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 06:17:02PM +0300, Claudiu Olteanu wrote:
> Hi Lubomir,
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Yeah, probably I shouldn't named the thread "PULL REQUEST".
>
> Since these are the differences between my repository
> and the Subsurface' one, I thought that the process is similar
> with a pull request.
>
> Also I knew that Dirk prefers patches instead of pull requests.

:-)

In general that is correct. In the normal flow of Subsurface development I
tend to prefer patches... but as I said, there is a very nice way to use
pull requests (and Gehand and Lubomir are using that for their GSoC
student / mentor collaboration).

So in summary: either is fine. Usually I gravitate towards patches, but
especially for GSoC having pull requests go through the mentors tree is
fine as well.