[GSoC] Week 6 (Native Bluetooth support)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 8 06:42:08 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:47:18AM +0300, Claudiu Olteanu wrote:

> > Now we need to figure out what's going on on Mac.
>
> I am not sure how I can help you with this. I don't have a
> Mac device. I could try to install OSx on a virtual machine.

That is unlikely to help. Mac VM support is extremely hacky and given the
issues that I had with BT under Linux in a VM (which is supposed to be
reasonably well supported) I think that's a wild goose chase.

> Or I could start to investigate the Microsoft Bluetooth stack
> and make a plan for the second stage of the project.

Thiago and you need to decide that.

I'll look into what's going on on the Mac - a few other of the key
developers have access to Macs, I'm sure we can figure this out.