Dive site management and taxonomy test

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:21:15 PDT 2015

Daily Build 1034 on Windows.
I'm using just plain xml files, not git integration (I guess)

Disclaimer/alert message on opening ok.

I see that now the logbook name on title bar has a (*) indicating that
the file has been chaged (by import process).
I don't understand where is a backup copy. If I save it I find just my
original logbook filename but it is V3.
Should I have some bak file somewhere? Maybe I do not understand how it works.
As dummy end user I would expect that Subsurface will copy/backup my
V2 logbook file before starting the import process (the alert popup
should mention where is this file and it's name). Hence if after the
import I save my logbook in a V3 format I always have the original V2
somewhere.

For my test I used a complete logbook, just to see if everything goes
as expected.

Test #1

I tried to edit a location name that appear several times into my dive
list and it has sligtly different gps points (different moorings).
Subsurface propose me just one dive site (wow) but if I discard my
changes a strage thing happens:

- I discard changes in the blue panel above the notes pane.
- a new popup ask me to confirm discarding my action
- at the same time the marble globe zoom out in the hyperspace
- I confirm to discard my action
- Marble zoom again correctly
- My UI remains in a strange state: other dives form the divelist
disabled, location textfield in edit mode (yellow).

No way to exit from this state.

This is a screencast for this. (I start form the strange state already)

https://www.screenr.com/3WeN

More tests coming...

--
Davide